ONLINE NEWS FORUM
What are your organization’s goals for your online presence?
The National Academy has teamed up with the Center for Investigative Reporting (CIR) and several San Francisco/Bay Area TV stations to discuss online/mobile news at the Online News Forum.
Panelists: Moderator, Barbara Rodgers, Comcast; Jonathan Mitchell, VP, News, KNTV (NBC); Janice S. Gin, Associate News Director, KTVU Channel 2 (Fox); Brian Shields, Online News Manager, KRON4 (Young Broadcasting); Meghann Farnsworth, Senior Manager, Distribution and Online Engagement, The Center for Investigative Reporting; Jim Parker, Director of Operations, CBS Local Digital Media, San Francisco, KPIX; Rachel Schwartz, Senior Online News Producer at KGO-TV (ABC).
- What are your organization’s goals for your online presence?
- What do you use to achieve these online goals?
- How do you incorporate the web and mobile into your news organization?
- Which aspects of your news content do you include in your online presence?
- Which aspects of your news content are presented online only?
- Which aspects of your news content are not currently included in your online presence and why not?
- Which methods/techniques/tools do you use?
- How does your online presence fit into your overall news distribution plan?
- How do you integrate/coordinate your online presence into those of your networks/partners?
No travel costs involved for you. Just click on the link and attend right from your chair at https://youtu.be/ptMuE_O8TYw
ONLINE PANEL DISCUSSION:
PLOTTING YOUR CAREER IN TELEVISION NEWS
Presented at Watkins College of Art, Design & Film on April 11, 2013, hear the four Nashville television ews directors discuss how to get into their news departments/. Moderated by Phillip L. Bell of Bellmedia. The panelists were Sandy Boonstra, News Director at WTVF NewsChannel 5 Network; Matthew Hilk, News Director at WSMV, Bryan McGruder, News Director at WZTV Fox 17, and Matthew Zelkind, News Director at WKRN